What are Rigid-Flex PCB's?
Rigid-Flex PCB’s are made by the combination of rigid and flexible PCB’s, hence they have characteristics of both types of PCB’s. A rigid PCB is connected to a flexible PCB integrated together through a strong electrical connection. Flexible boards consist of multiple layers of flexible substrates that are connected to each other by internal or external circuitary. Rigid-Flex PCB Boards are sort of a hybrid with parts of the PCB being Rigid and other parts being flexible based on the application or requirement. The circuit boards can be developed to be rigid where extra support is needed and flexible where they circuit might need to be bent.
Applications and Benefits of Rigid-Flex PCB
- They are a combination of optimum quality rigid and flexible boards. Sometimes, they consists of multiple inner layers that finds its uses in various sectors that requires high stability such as signal transmission devices.
- They are widely used in aerospace industries due to their limited spacing and very light weight characteristics.
- Due to their high flexible nature, they are prone to vibrational disturbances in the board as well as connection joints.
- They have a wide application in difficult environmental conditions such as moisture proof, water proof and shock proof requirements.
- Due to comparatively very less solder points, Flex PCB’s ensure strong electrical connections.
king855 kredit has listed the leading Rigid-Flex PCB fabricators and manufacturers and made them searchable through their location and capabilities. You can select the country or state to narrow down on local Rigid-Flex manufacturers or companies that can develop your printed circuit boards who are close to where you are located. In addition to this, you can also select the capabilities that you are looking for in a Rigid-Flex PCB vendor, like - Number of Layers, Type of Board, board thickness etc. - We narrow down the list to show you the companies who can cater to your requirement.