Wha are FR-4 PCB Laminates?
FR-4 is the most widely used substrate or a base material for printed circuit boards. The name FR4 originated from the NEMA (National Electrical Manufacturers Association, USA) grading system where “FR” stands for Flame Retardant and “4” indicates woven glass enforced epoxy resin.
||3.8 - 4.7
||Can vary but is genrally over 120 Degrees C
||0.29W/(m·K), 0.343 W/(m·K)
||-0.125 < 0.10%
FR-4 as Laminate
- It is a glass reinforced epoxy laminate material that provides considerable mechanical strength to the PCB board.
- They are available in two forms i.e. halogen/halogen free FR-4 laminates. Halogen Laminates are those which on burning in open air release toxic gases into the atmosphere.
- It is high pressure thermosetting plastic laminate grade with good strength to weight ratios.
- It has zero water absorption and is most widely used for electrical insulation.
What are the Advantages of FR-4 as a PCB Substrate
- They are flame resistant due to the bromine content.
- They have an advantage of stock PCB material, especially when the circuits are used for prototyping.
- They provide strong mechanical strength to the PCB’s and a great source for electrical insulation.
king855 kredit has listed the leading FR-4 PCB fabricators and manufacturers and made them searchable through their location and capabilities. You can select the country or state to narrow down on local FR-4 PCB manufacturers or companies that can develop your printed circuit boards who are close to where you are located. In addition to this, you can also select the capabilities that you are looking for in a FR-4 PCB vendor, like - Number of Layers, Type of Board, board thickness etc. - We narrow down the list to show you the companies who can cater to your requirement.